By interacting with this website, or otherwise contacting us, you consent to the processing of your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Notice.
Please get in touch if you have any questions regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 07920 051549
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person (a human being) whose Personal Data is being Processed.
We/us – Compass Garden and Landscape Design
Data Protection Principles
- We promise to observe with the following data protection principles:
- Our data processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding processing upon request.
- Our processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- We only collect and process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- We will not store your Personal Data for longer than necessary.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of Personal Data we hold on you.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of the Personal Data we hold on you.
- You (the Data subject) have the following rights:
- Right to be informed meaning you have the right to know about the collection and use of your Personal Data; what data is collected, for what purpose, by whom it is Processed and how long it will be retained. If the Personal Data has not been supplied by you then you have the right to know where it was obtained from.
- Right of access meaning you have the right to request and obtain a copy of the Personal Data and supplementary information collected about you.
- Right to rectification meaning you have the right to request rectification of your Personal Data should it be inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’.
- Right to restrict processing meaning you have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your Personal Data processing; this is not an absolute right and only applies in certain circumstances.
- Right to data portability meaning you can request your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or, if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one data processor to another.
- Right to object meaning you can object to the processing of your Personal Data for uses such as direct marketing, and we must immediately stop unless we can demonstrate legitimate or legal grounds not to
- Right to withdraw consent meaning you have the right to withdraw any given consent for the processing of your Personal Data
- Right to lodge a complaint meaning that in the event that we refuse any request under your Right of access and you are dissatisfied with the way your request has been handled, or if you consider that the processing of your Personal Data infringes the GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority. In the UK that is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
Exercising Your Rights / Who to Contact
If at any time you would like to know what personally identifiable data has been collected about you, to make any changes to any inaccurate data we hold, withdraw your consent to its use, ask us to delete your personal data, or exercise any other right under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), please just let us know:
Contact: Tom Murphy
Call: 07920 051549
Personal Data we collect
Information you provide us with
- Should you choose to contact us by email, via our contact form or by telephone we will collect Personal Data that will include but may not be limited to your name, email address and telephone number – all personally identifiable information that is necessary for responding to you in connection with your enquiry and/or to providing you a product/service. We will store the information you provide us in order to carry out those functions.
- Should you invest with Compass Garden and Landscape Design us we will collect that same Personal Data plus your address, and payment information. We use this information to process your investment, for authentication and fraud screening.
Information automatically collected about you
For further details please see our Information about cookies
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your consent in order to identify and to interact with you, and to fulfil an obligation under contract
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you in relation to an Compass Garden and Landscape Design
On the grounds of legitimate interest we may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to administer and analyse our client base in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products we offer
- to notify you of any such improvements
Who has access to your Personal Data?
Tom Murphy of Compass Garden and Landscape Design has access to your Personal Data.
Our website, email and hosting provider, of necessity, processes Personal Data on our behalf and will have access to it. That company is a trusted third party processor, based in the UK, and we are assured of the high level of privacy and security afforded to your Personal Data.
We will never sell, share or rent any part of your Personal Data with any third party unless required to do so by law or where in good faith we believe such action is necessary to comply with a legal process.
How we store & secure your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. We employ safe protocols for website browsing, encrypted communication and transfer of Personal Data (such as HTTPS and SSL/TLS). In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- When you contact us, your Personal Data and message content is collected and stored in an encrypted format directly on a secure server for approximately one year. All routes and devices used to access such data are password-protected.
Despite our best efforts we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of our systems, our server or our online 3rd Party accounts & databases. We do however promise to notify yourself as the Data subject and the necessary authorities of any data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work; they can be used to store data on a ‘shopping cart’ for instance, and generally improve your interaction with frequently-visited sites. Only we can access the cookies created by our website.
- Universal Analytics (Google) – These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website and WordPress blog. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and blog, where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they visited. Read Google’s overview of privacy and safeguarding data.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Alternatively you can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. You can also control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. And you can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics at the Google Analytics opt-out page.
For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time.
It was last modified 18TH May 2018.